Saturday, November 9, 2013

"The future of newspapers will be mainly electronic, but I think ... - The Mundo.es

Steve Jobs took (almost) all the fame but at the California garage where born the most famous technology company in the world and many consider the first personal computer, also was Steve Wozniak.

At 63 years, the Apple co-founder and father of the computers Apple I and Apple II is immersed in a while in other projects other than those of the famous apple. His passion for technology, though, is still intact. “I want to explore any device. For example, I bought on Amazon locator suitcase for $ 40 that allows me to follow at airports. Almost nobody uses it but I love it, “he said Friday in Madrid during his participation in the fourth annual Congress of Brilliant Minds (The Being Creative. Ideas to change the world). For three days 21 brilliant characters share their innovative ideas and the latest trends in fields like science, technology, sports and education.

col-2b class=”sumario

“I created Steve appliances and persuaded people to buy them. wanted to impress the world”

Minutes earlier, Wozniak was awarded an Honorary Doctorate by Camilo José Cela University, a distinction that made him especially illusion because, as he confessed, teaching is another passion and would probably be your profession if it was not dedicated to technology: “When I was young I did not want to compete with others but do new things and get into new adventures” he says.

src=”http://estaticos03.elmundo.es/assets/multimedia/imagenes/2013/11/08/13839490459952_464x0.jpg”

Steve Jobs (i) and Wozniak (d) during the launch of the Macintosh personal computer in the 80s.

AP

During his visit to Spain, Wozniak, nicknamed Wizard of Woz (The Wizard of Woz) has had the opportunity to do one of the things I enjoy most: being in contact with students and creative people, wanting to change things without fear that their ideas are rejected. He came when he presented a proposal to build a computer for personal use so that people would use it at home. A executives Hewlett Packard (HP), the company where he worked in the 70s, it seemed a crazy idea. A few years later, the idea became billionaires partner Steve Wozniak and Jobs, who died in 2011. “I had the skills to create these gadgets and Steve wanted to impress the world. The designing and he persuaded people to buy them. We passed very well, “he recalls.

col-2b class=”sumario

“It’s very difficult to make predictions. believe that technology will become increasingly invisible.’ll take over”

Resume that stage

book title just published in Castilian: iWoz. How I invented the personal computer, was co-founder of Apple and had fun with it (Editorial Rasche): “We were sure that the computers would be everywhere, but we could not imagine in what were to become or that figuring in the pocket. We did not see coming internet and the impact it would have, “he admits Wozniak, who, after his act in college, which again make clear his sense of humor, the American engineer spoke with THE WORLD on how thought to evolve the technology.

In less than ten years we have replaced the old mobile phones smartphone s, tablets and computers powerful and lightweight. How do you think are the devices that we use in the future?
is very difficult to make predictions in this sector because they really do not know what will work. Everyone is talking about the computer that can be incorporated into clothing, which allow computers are even less visible. I like much the idea of ??taking up technology, but do not know how to be your size or shape, or where in the body the take, or what will work and what will fail. No one can tell you how to be that kind of information. They also talk about that every time we will do more with your voice. You’d think an idea, you will speak and not have to remember all the steps to make your device perform intelligent.
newspapers are working hard to adapt to new habits of readers How do you see the future of the press?
know, I was one of the last in the U.S. who left the paper because I thought it was the best format and it was easier to see things and find what you wanted if you had space for them on paper. I grew up with newspapers but then when I changed, I realized that I could be better informed about more things and more easily with the computer. So could pick and choose the items that interested me without being limited to a single day. So, I’m not entirely sure, but I think that newspapers are basically electronic and paper will become special objects for collectors. We could say the same about the books, but clearly are not disappearing. And the same with movies. All are digital, but my impression is that the cinemas are bigger than ever. So many of these old technologies will survive because they still have the ability to give pleasure to people. Of course now we have digital music and CDs, but what is becoming popular are vinyl albums, selling more and more. Many people like and admire the things that were done well in the past, and remain faithful to them. It may be a minority, but still a good market. And newspapers belong to that category.
What would you suggest to those responsible for the day to encourage people to consume more information on electronic devices?
not a business in which I have been involved, so I can talk about everything that interests me. I think, however, it would be necessary to publish good songs and opinion on issues that are important to young people, whether software, entertainment or any event that may be of interest.
says he is passionate about all electronic devices. If I could only keep one, which would you choose?
It depends on the moment. For example, there are many times when I would get the iPhone because I can carry in your pocket. The tablet also like but I still use the computer much. If I could only keep one, I would choose the computer because I still find it very useful, it is very light and does not really bother me take it with me.
The price of the tablet has been becoming more affordable, but still are expensive for much of the population. To what extent do you popularize its use?
is true that a good quality tablet like the iPad is still expensive, but you can buy some very basic for about $ 50. More than the devices themselves, it seems important to develop applications.
Technology offers many advantages but also poses risks, especially for children and adolescents. Some parents concerned about the use they can do. What do you think about it?
is a concern that I’ve experienced. Looked like my children [has three, the largest 31] preferred to go to his room and stayed there with the computer, instead of reading the newspaper, for example, or leave. But then I realized that through the computer getting very good information on many topics and interacted with more people.
Are you an active user of social networks like Facebook or Twitter?
I love. They are fantastic and offer many possibilities but I decided not to use them because there were thousands of friend requests and could not handle it. But if not for that, I would be happy to use them.
What is your opinion on proposals to integrate technology into the human body with the aim of improving human capacities? Brain implants, sensors etc. in the fingers.
Somehow
already being done. Personally I would like to remain natural, but I guess if a few years from other kids at school that your children are counted with certain advantages through technology, mine would also like to have them.

No comments:

Post a Comment