Sunday, May 26, 2013

An Apple I sold for $ 671,400, a record at auction ... - Engadget

Apple I

first computer made by Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak has become a coveted object of desire for collectors. Evidenced by the record price achieved at auction in Germany, where the Apple I, fully functional, managed sold at $ 671,400 .

That figure exceeds the previous record auction of these objects, he held another Apple I which sold for $ 640,000 last year. The collecting of old computers and consoles is starting to bear fruit to their fans.

According to the New York Times, all that is known of the purchaser of this computer is that it is a “successful entrepreneur the Far East “. The former owner of the Apple I, software engineer bought earlier this year to whoever originally purchased, made some minor repairs who achieved the Apple I work, when before it did not.

That

anonymous engineer who bought this computer for $ 40,000 , has won a major benefit. And the original purchaser, Fred Hatfield, an electrical engineer who proved it with the original letter signed by Steve Jobs, could only congratulate him. “ Good for him. It’s who has arranged and who has managed to sell all that money “.

Given that the Apple I was sold originally $ 666.66 -about $ 2,700 today-the first computer that revaluation of Jobs and Woz has been spectacular. Collectors of vintage gadgets, tuned!

Way | The New York Times
Applesfera | The Apple I auctioned at Sotheby’s totaled $ 375,000

No comments:

Post a Comment